About the program: The Education Freedom Accounts program was created by the State of New Hampshire to help expand educational opportunities for New Hampshire children. Eligible New Hampshire families earning up to 300% of the poverty line can direct part of their child’s state education funding to pay for tuition at the school of their choice, tutoring, online learning programs, educational supplies, and other educational expenses.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a New Hampshire EFA:
1. You and your student must be New Hampshire residents.
2. Your child must be at least 5 years old and no older than 20 years old and entering Kindergarten – 12th grade.
3. Your family’s income must be at or below 300% of the federal poverty level guidelines shown in the chart below.
4. You must complete the application process and sign the EFA agreement, which includes agreeing to share academic accountability documents.
Who is not eligible?
1. Students attending their resident public elementary or secondary school full-time and who will continue to attend their resident public elementary or secondary school full-time are not eligible to participate in the EFA program.
2. Students attending a public charter school full-time and who will continue to attend a public charter school full-time are not eligible to participate in the EFA program.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for Education Freedom Accounts (EFAs) for the 2023-24 school year are now OPEN for both new and current or returning families.
If your family has never applied to Children’s Scholarship Fund before, please click the New Families button below. If your family currently uses an EFA, or if your family has ever applied to Children’s Scholarship Fund in the past, please click the Returning EFA Families button below.
EFA application deadline: To receive a 100% EFA grant for the 2023-2024 school year, the application and supporting materials must be verified by Monday, July 17, 2023.
- The EFA grant has strict funding guidelines. EFA grants are awarded and prorated based on the EFA application’s completed and verified status. Please refer to the EFA parent handbook for more details.
- You will only be eligible for an EFA grant award when the online application and all of your supporting income documents have been submitted and verified by CSFNH.
- Supporting documents must be submitted in a PDF format. Please do not upload your income documents as pictures or videos.
- Please submit only one (1) application per family. Submitting multiple applications may delay processing times.